South Florida’s mild climate creates ideal nesting conditions for bees all year long. This means an infestation can happen at any time, although they occur most heavily in the spring and summer when the weather is warm and nectar is plentiful.
If you suspect you have an infestation, give the Fort Lauderdale bee exterminators at Bee Boyz Contractors a call at 954-483-5533. Our Bee Hive Removal and Bee exterminators will get rid of the bees in your Fort Lauderdale home and make sure they don’t come back. We even offer contractor services to repair any damage required for removal.
Where do bees like to make their nests or hives?
If you notice a lot of bees around your house, carefully examine these common bee-friendly areas, and if there is any concern, call a qualified Fort Lauderdale bee exterminator or removal specialist at Bee Boyz:
- Soffits: The underside of your roof is an attractive place for bees to make their nest or hive. Bees can enter if there are holes in your soffit or if it doesn’t line up with the siding or fascia board on your home.
- Meters: Some bees build colonies in water meters. If you see bees heading to and from your water meter, electrical box, etc., call us as soon as possible. Do not disturb the hive.
- Walls: The walls of your home are great spots for bees to make their hive or nest because it is a protected, enclosed space.
- Commercial/Construction Sites: Bees often make construction sites their home because of the various nesting spots. Bees may make the building itself their home, or they may choose to build their colony in pipes, under wood boards, or even inside construction equipment.
- Vehicles: Abandoned or infrequently used boats and cars are ideal places to make hives and nests. They allow the bees to make a long-term home in an enclosed place protected from the elements.
Note: Stay as far away from the hive or nest as possible. When checking to see if a colony has made a home, protect yourself as much as possible. Be sure to wear long sleeves, long pants, closed-toe shoes, and gloves.
How We Remove the Bees
Our Fort Lauderdale bee exterminators specialize in bee hive removal and relocation with as little interruption to your life or property. We use safe, natural bee removal techniques and always remove the bees alive unless they threaten the native population or are attacking humans and animals.
We start by smoking the bees to relax them, which allows us to remove the combs and retrieve the queen. We then bring the bees to local beekeepers with a similar bee population.
We remove all types of bees, including:
- Africanized honeybees
- Mud daubers
- Carpenter bees
We caution you against attempting to get remove or kill the hive or nest yourself. Even the most docile bees can become aggressive if they feel you are threatening their hive or nest.
If you think you have a bee problem, call the bee exterminators at Bee Boyz Contractors at 954-483-5533 for bee hive removal in the Fort Lauderdale area. We will be happy to come out and give you a free inspection and estimate. We can often take care of the problem immediately after identifying the type of bees and their location.